Chilli prawn & avocado pasta salad
A delicious recipe for lunch or even a light dinner on a hot summer’s evening. I usually buy the shelled prawn meat
and after defrosting I blanch it for a few minutes in boiling water with chicken stock and a squeeze of lemon juice.Ingredients
- 200 g prawns cooked and peeled
- 300 g pasta shapes
- ½ red pepper chopped
- ½ green pepper chopped
- ½ yellow pepper chopped
- 1 red chilli deseeded and chopped
- 3 - 4 spring onions sliced
- 1 avocado chopped
- 3 heaped tsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- pinch of brown sugar
- freshly ground salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta according to instructions, drain and cool.
- Make the dressing by combining the parsley, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt & pepper in a lidded beaker and shake vigorously.
- Combine the chopped vegetables, chilli and prawns with the pasta, pour over the dressing and mix well.
- Serve with crusty bread.