Rice Krispie and marshmallow squares
I’m sure some of you have kids at home at the moment who are itching to get into the kitchen and bake.
This is a great recipe for them to start on. It’s really easy for them to do all on their own and it’s inexpensive.Ingredients
Makes: 24 squares
• 45 grams butter
• 300 grams marshmallows (get the mini ones if you can)
• 180 grams Rice Krispies (cereal)Method
1. Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over a low heat.
2. Add the marshmallows and cook gently until they are completely melted and blended, stirring constantly.
3. Take the pan off the heat and immediately add the cereal, mixing lightly until well coated.
4. Press the mixture into a greased 32 cm x 23 cm tin pan; make sure you flatten it nicely and press it down into the corners.
5. At this stage you can have some fun and add sweets on top of the treats… let the creative juices flow!
6. Let the marshmallow crispy squares cool completely in the tin and then cut them into 24 squares.