WHOLE KABELJOU BRAAIED
kg kabeljou cleaned and gutted
80 ml lemon juice
60 ml lemon rind, keep 15 ml for sprinkling
80 ml olive oil
large handful parsley, chopped
6 sprigs oregano
30 ml dry oregano
5 ml minced garlic
fresh or dry bay leaves
coarse salt and black pepper
- Blend all the above ingredients (except the
bay leaves) together in a food processor until well chopped.
- About half an hour before grilling the
fish, place some bay leaves and fresh parsley inside the fish. Season with salt
and pepper and sprinkle with some lemon rind.
- Pour ¾ of the sauce over the fish, cover
and leave to marinate until ready to cook.
- Preheat a braai until it is very hot. Brush
a fish braai grid and the fish with oil. Spray the grid with Spray and Cook
before placing fish inside.
- Grill for 10 minutes each side, allowing
skin to blacken.
- Baste frequently with remaining sauce.
Serve immediately with a fresh Greek salad on the side.